POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg : Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg Server Time
21 Jul 2024 03:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian Dust Storm, URL to the Mpeg
From: Karl Pelzer
Date: 18 Jan 2000 14:33:08
Message: <3884C113.B56699A7@t-online.de>
omniVERSE schrieb:

> > trial #3 (no one ever saw #2)
>
> Mistaken... Very few people, one or two people probably, saw #1.  #2 was the
> animation you probably have seen, if at all, and it's still there at:
>  http://members.aol.com/persistenceofv/m_ds-ehc.mpg
>
> Bob

Yo Bob!

I just saw both versions of this incredible animation. There are two
things that I think are better in the first one.
First: the scene darkens slowly. This is very good seen on the ground
plane.
Second: also concerning the ground is the fact that shadows are forecast
which makes it more believable (I don't know if the shadows come from
the clouds (sky) or the storm)

The storm itself is better in the second version.

Waiting to see #3 ;-]

Karl